Thursday, February 16, 2012

TASK 2(a): TONGUE TWISTERS


The third task in the assignment is tongue twisters. We need to find two tongue twisters and presents it in class. The aim of the task is that to promote and helps us as pronunciation drills. This drill will help us to pronounce the word correctly without mistakes. So, each group already choose their own tongue twisters and checked among each other so that there will be no groups with the same tongue twisters.

Our tongue twisters are:

If you can't can any candy can,

how many candy cans can a candy canner can,

if he can candy cans?

And

A big black bug bit a big black dog on his big black nose!
And
Did Dick Pickens prick his pinkie pickling cheap cling peaches in an inch of Pinch or framing his famed French finch photos?


I found out that these tongue twisters are very hard, especially when we say it in a faster way. Sometimes you can say it wrongly, and it is terrible if you say it wrongly. Besides, we need to say it in a correct intonation so others can understand on the meaning of the tongue twisters. I, myself still need more practice to speak good English. So, I need to practice more on tongue twisters so that I will be able to master good pronunciation in English.

Tongue twisters really help me especially to speak in the correct pronunciation. I admit that before this I would always not interested in tongue twisters because I found it is hard to pronounce it correctly and meaningfully. But now, I would love to read more on tongue twisters so that I can improve my pronunciation in English.

Anyway, we also learned about pronunciation again after the tongue twisters. I think this week was an enjoyable week for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment